- Works with almost any Canon Powershot camera, almost any Canon DSLR camera, Nikon DSLR camera, or webcam.
- Users see a live camera feed of themselves before their pictures are taken, so they can position themselves. And for cameras that don't support live preview (some older Canon DSLRs and Nikon DSLRs), Photoboof can use a webcam for your live preview.
- Saves all the high resolution pictures to your harddrive, both as individual pictures and as strips.
- Can record extremely high quality HD video.
- Works with most printers, printing extremely high quality photo strips to either narrow photo strips or more modern layouts. The prints probably look better than any you've seen from a photobooth.
- Support for a secondary printer that can either take over when the primary printer is out of paper, or can be a remote reprinting station.
- Extremely advanced greenscreen support. You can use any color you want as your background, you can use any graphical file or even movie as your background image, you can set different key colors for your flash and your live preview, and much miscellany.
- Can be triggered with keys on the keyboard, with mouse buttons, from a touchscreen, from a button connected to your soundcard, with any joystick button, from some other program or script, using a Griffin Powermate, a StealthSwitch, or using buttons attached to your serial or USB port. All Photoboof purchases include an extremely high quality arcade-grade backlit button that attaches to a USB or serial port.
- Very flexible touchscreen support. Your users can choose between color modes (b&w, color, sepia) or completely different layouts. You can have up to 8 different touchscreen regions, and its very simple to configure.
- Optionally displays the pictures fullscreen as they're taken on any monitor. So you can have monitor 2 visible from inside your booth, and use monitor 1 for status messages or even regular computer use. And you can easily add your logo to the display (see the screenshots page).
- Beautiful slideshow component, that shows the pictures fullscreen as they're taken, and when the booth isn't in use cycles through previous pictures. The slideshow can be run either on the Photoboof computer, or from a remote computer over a network. Looks great when connected to a projector or a monitor on the outside of your booth. The slideshow can even be run on a Mac.
- Complete control over the printed layouts. You can have the pictures be different sizes, positioned wherever you'd like, and you can take as many pictures as you'd like. Very flexible and powerful layout editor.
- Can email the pictures live from the booth, and save the email addresses for later. And the uploader is extremely flexible, so if you don't have internet access from your event, it will build a queue to upload later.
- Can let users upload to their personal Facebook accounts, or upload all sessions to a single Facebook account.
- Can upload each session to a web server or Flickr account.
- Beautiful iPad app that lets your users view and share images outside of the photobooth, saving time.
- Alows you to copy pictures to a monitored folder from a remote camera setup, letting you use a second camera at an event.
- Supports plugins that let you run your own scripts at various times in the photo sequence.
- Built-in support for a Phidget relay board, allowing you to turn on lights at specific times in the photobooth sequence, flash a light in your printer chute when the print is ready, etc.
- Can build animated GIFs from the sessions.
- Can send text messages to alert you of issues like printer jams or printer out of paper.
- Photo effects such as black & white, sepia, charcoal, oil painting and negative.
- Extremely flexible custom layouts are possible. The pictures can be any size and any position.
- Usage statistics show average uses per hour, number of prints since changing the ink cartridge, etc.
- Highly configurable: you can customize every aspect of the printouts and onscreen component.
- Supports foreground images, meaning you can lay a frame over the camera preview and the printed layout, allowing the customer to see themselves in the frame before the picture is taken..
- All preferences are saved to a text file for easy editing, saving, copying, and backing up. No registry involvement at all. Or of course you can edit the preferences in a graphical user interface.
- Can have separate buttons for color, black & white, sepia, or any layout, or to reprint the last strip. So you can assign one button to a double strip, another button to a 6-picture layout, another button to the 6-picture layout in black & white, etc. And if you're using a touchscreen, you can have the customer click different graphical buttons for different options.
- Easy installer.
- Can be completely rebranded for OEMs.
- Extremely frequent updates, free for life. Never any upgrade charges.
- Fairly low system requirements, should work on any computer running Windows XP or better, on anything from a Pentium III on up. Recommended: 1 ghz or better processor, with two monitors and a Canon Powershot (S5 and G10 work very well) or Canon Rebel T1i or better). Unfortunately netbooks (Atom processors) are horrible at image manipulation and are therefore not recommended.
- Free tech support by email. If you need to schedule a phone call, no problem. And we can even log into your computer remotely and get you running by physically taking control of your desktop. Sit back and let us do the work.
- Free upgrades for all registered users.
- Full featured demo available on the downloads page.
- If you need a feature that isn't listed, email us and we'd be glad to incorporate it for you.
- We can also build out your booth structure if you'd like.
- We can convert your old film photobooths too.
- If you need some other custom photo application or some customizations, please contact us.